POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Before and after WIP : Re: Before and after WIP Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:08:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Before and after WIP
From: Tek
Date: 14 Apr 2007 14:14:30
Message: <46211a06@news.povray.org>
Cool concept!

My suggestions:
Regiment is spelt regiment not regement!
The lighting is not very well balanced, I suggest you add global_settings
{ assumed_gamma 1 } and use some ambient light or radiosity (pitch black
shadows look wrong with a blue sky).
The material on the gravestones looks strange, it has pink stripes and
they're brighter than the sky!
The text is engraved too deeply, real grave stones enscriptions are only a
few millimeters deep.
The wall at the back is just 2 flat colours, it should have a normal map on
it and shouldn't be pitch black, e.g. pigment { rgb .5 } normal { crackle -1
form <1,0,0> }
The sky blue colour is a bit purple, I suggest you add a little green to get
a more cyan-blue shade.

I like the grass & soil, though I think the soil should be darker than the
grass but improving the lighting will help you see how they look.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com