POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YARSOCP : Re: YARSOCP Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:07:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YARSOCP
From: Tek
Date: 13 Apr 2007 15:02:53
Message: <461fd3dd$1@news.povray.org>
> If you're using HDRI, I'm surprised that the shadow is so sharp.  Are you
> using a light source as well?  If you are, you might consider making it an
> area light.

Yeah it's a light source, with radiosity for the HDR. I was suffering nasty
artefacts with just radiosity and HDRI (hence my earlier HDR post using a
light dome) but evidently having 1 dominant light is enough to make the
radiosity look good.

You're right, it needs to be an area_light, I'll go fix that. I'll also
stick in a shadow from the trees.

Tone mapping is like a gamma curve but fancier, see the megapov
documentation on it's tone_mapping feature:
http://megapov.inetart.net/manual-1.2.1/global_settings.html#tone_mapping

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com