POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another lighthouse (111kB) : Re: Yet another lighthouse (111kB) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another lighthouse (111kB)
From: Marc
Date: 13 Apr 2007 10:33:26
Message: <461f94b6@news.povray.org>

461f6f3d@news.povray.org...
>I love the grass! Nice model of the lighthouse too.
I'm glad you enjoy :)
>For me the main problem is the colour of the lighting, and overall balance
>of colours in the scene. The colours on the building at the base of the
>lighthouse are a bit yellowy in the light, and green in the shadows. For
>that kind of sky I'd expect orangey-pink light and blue shadows. I've
>messed with it in photoshop (hope you don't mind) to try to show what I
>mean.

I don't mind at all. I agree my version is greenish in the shadows, I prefer
yours though coulds are pinky now :)

> What gamma setting did you use? It should be assumed_gamma 1, but this
> scene feels a bit CG which is often caused by the gamma.

Oh well it's Moray default 1.9! I never had a look at this setting

> And one final thought, the sky doesn't look bright enough. At the moment
> the clouds arent as bright as the white paint on the building, usually the
> sky would be brighter than anything else.
I didn't want to have neither burned whites nor dark paint, maybe I overdid
it

Thank you for your tips :-)

Marc