POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another lighthouse (111kB) : Re: Yet another lighthouse (111kB) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another lighthouse (111kB)
From: Tek
Date: 13 Apr 2007 07:53:33
Message: <461f6f3d@news.povray.org>
I love the grass! Nice model of the lighthouse too. For me the main problem
is the colour of the lighting, and overall balance of colours in the scene.
The colours on the building at the base of the lighthouse are a bit yellowy
in the light, and green in the shadows. For that kind of sky I'd expect
orangey-pink light and blue shadows. I've messed with it in photoshop (hope
you don't mind) to try to show what I mean.

What gamma setting did you use? It should be assumed_gamma 1, but this scene
feels a bit CG which is often caused by the gamma.

And one final thought, the sky doesn't look bright enough. At the moment the
clouds arent as bright as the white paint on the building, usually the sky
would be brighter than anything else.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

"Marc" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Here, on and off the western dangerous shores of France, we have a lot of
> lighthouses. I keep on modeling some of them.
> This one is the Creac'h (the Headland in Breton language) raised on the
> isle
> of Ouessant at the entry of the Channel. It is one of the most powerful in
> Europe. It can be seen from 150km.
>
> Modeled in Moray... mostly CSG, some meshs, some isosurfaces (sea and
> land),
> trace() used for the grass and I played with the compulsory IvyGenerator
> of
> course :)
> I unsucessfully tried to get rid of deformation of the tower due to
> perspective :-(
>
> Comments are welcome of course but I don't think I'll change many things.
>
> Marc

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'creach2_04_10.jpg' (171 KB)