POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another lighthouse (111kB) : Re: Yet another lighthouse (111kB) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another lighthouse (111kB)
From: Marc
Date: 13 Apr 2007 02:42:53
Message: <461f266d$1@news.povray.org>

o3rt13pr21qd7mof9nnokahh8mup12lcd5@4ax.com...
> Marc:
>
> Very nice lighthouse.

Thanks :-)

> Coincidently, I am waiting on a render to finish of a lighthouse that I
> started working on about a
> year ago.  It is the Louisbourg lighthouse in Louisbourg, Nova Scotia,
> Canada.  I come back to it
> every now and then, make a few changes, then wait a few days for the
> "final" render to complete.  I
> usually do this when I am not feeling very creative and no new ideas are
> coming to me.  Anyway, I
> may post the current "final" version, if it ever finishes.

I had a look a  the Nova Scotia Lighthouse Preservation Society site to see
what it looks like.
It is strange how while the function of the tower is the same, the style is
completely different. :-)
Here is a large sampling of French lighthouses
http://www.phareland.com/   (scrolldown a bit)

LOL I love these numerous "final" versions

Marc