POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Poser figures and radiosity : Re: Poser figures and radiosity Server Time
4 May 2024 20:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser figures and radiosity
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Apr 2007 03:15:47
Message: <461c8b23$1@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht
> Hi Thomas, I wish I could help. Can't you give one example? I haven't
> noticed this problem at all. This is probably really obvious, but Pose-Ray
> materials usually have a finish with: ambient rgb <0,0,0> reflection{0
> metallic}. So, I don't know if that might be quite different from other
> finish statements in the scene??? What's the crease angle set at in
> Pose-Ray when you import your model? Maybe it needs to be higher?? Oh
> well,
> I can agree with Gilles' solution too. :) Sometimes you gotta do that just
> because the models aren't perfect, especially if you pose them certain
> ways.

Thanks indeed, Janet.
I probably shal come up with an example later on as I intend to do a bit of
thorough testing, time allowing...
The finish statements are not really different from the rest of the scene,
especially as I heavily edit the Poseray material file, getting rid of most
of the redundant stuff.
You make me think about some test to do with the finish, though. I shall
report back!

Thomas