POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Running Pov-Ray using restricted user account : Re: Running Pov-Ray using restricted user account Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:39:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running Pov-Ray using restricted user account
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 10 Apr 2007 14:43:29
Message: <461bdad1@news.povray.org>
"Brian" <bri### [at] chiefarchitectcom> wrote in message
> It does not seem to be a problem with creating the output file.  I used
> the
> -f switch and still got the same results.  The problem seems to be with
> reading the texture image files.  Here is a copy of the error that I
> receive when I try and create the raytrace.
>
> Possible Parse Error: jpeglib: Failed to create temporary file
>
> It does not seem to matter where the textures are located, I always get
> this
> error.  The only thing that seems to resolve this it to give the user
> write
> access to the root of the C drive.  This is what leads me to believe that
> there  is a temporary file being written there during raytrace process.

Did you have a look at section 1.2.7  I/O Restrictions of the documentation?

My setup is:

allow read/restrict write
permit read/write in current directory
disable starting other programs

I do most if not all my raytracing from an account that has admin
privileges, but I have several restricted accounts that pov runs just fine
with those settings .... so as Chris offered perhaps a bit more
troubleshooting might be in order to determine what exactly is failing.

Jim