POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cane : Cane Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Cane
From: William Tracy
Date: 8 Apr 2007 14:39:04
Message: <461936c8@news.povray.org>
A little project to get warmed up in POV again. :-) I think it turned
out fairly well for what was essentially a one-day project. (Okay, the
Saturday bled a little both into Friday and Sunday, but I spent a big
chunk of Saturday actually away from the computer, so it evens out.)

This was my original reference for the texture:
http://www.medicalsupplygroup.com/DisplayImage.aspx?t=0&ImageID=1002508&ProductID=1005564

The photo actually felt a little too "perfect", so I tweaked it to be a
tad more interesting. :-)

The rosewood in the photo actually has a single solid pigment, and I
originally got decent results doing the same thing in my render.
However, I wanted an image that looked good both in color and gray
scale. It looked horrible in gray scale, so I broke down and added some
wood grain (maybe a little too much wood grain). I'm sure there's room
to improve the pattern, but I'm happy with it. :-)

The code is fairly simple, so here it is. If you render it, note the
custom camera dimensions.

global_settings {
   ambient_light 0
}