POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bonsai / Girl / Horse : Re: Bonsai / Girl / Horse Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bonsai / Girl / Horse
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Apr 2007 03:55:45
Message: <4618a001@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> schreef in bericht

> I'm doing a lot of experiments now, with and without the ivy.  But Thomas
> mentioned a couple of things that I'll expand on a little bit.  In my
> mind, this series is not simply going to be about "little people".  This
> was part of the reasoning behind keeping the moss looking somewhat like
> grass.  I'm thinking of it as more like two worlds coexisting
> simultaneously: the miniature and the normal-sized.  In that sense, it's
> meant to be much more surreal.

Exactly! That is why I mentioned the "little people" as too obvious. The
Otherworld is coexisting with ours according to myth, and if we forget for a
while about trolls and leperchauns, it is a world similar to ours (more or
less)  :-)
But let's not speculate too much! You have a fine series to do, full of
potentialities. I would hate to interfere in the process.

> I'm still not sure what to do about the ivy, if anything.  I've moved-on
> to some of my other ideas for the series, and I can easily see some
> elements from this scene disappearing.  Or not.  But I'm starting to think
> more in terms of the series as a whole, rather than one particular scene.

Concerning the ivy, I think that just decreasing a little bit the size of
the leaves would be enough. Just to find the right balance between the two
worlds.

> Sigh.  Perhaps I'm thinking too much.  :-)

Well... who isn't???   "-)

Thomas