POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bonsai / Girl / Horse : Re: Bonsai / Girl / Horse Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bonsai / Girl / Horse
From: William Tracy
Date: 5 Apr 2007 19:27:08
Message: <461585cc$1@news.povray.org>
> Tree bark: I had a difficult time with it.  I might play around with it a
> little more, but it's a major improvement from what I had.

In all honesty, I wouldn't say anything at all about the tree bark, but
everything else in the picture is executed so perfectly. The image looks
to me a bit above average even for this group, and is way beyond
anything I've been able to do. :-)

> Moss or Grass?  At first, I wanted it to look more like moss, but later, I
> changed my mind, and thought it would be kind of fun to actually have it be
> a grassy set of hills...

Cool, then. :-)

If it is grass, its been mowed awfully short, though; it looks like a
hilly putting green.

Once again, this is a beautiful image. ;-)

William