POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bonsai / Girl / Horse : Re: Bonsai / Girl / Horse Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bonsai / Girl / Horse
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 4 Apr 2007 14:28:41
Message: <4613ee59$1@news.povray.org>
"Ross" <rli### [at] speakeasynet> wrote in message
> fantastic grass. *drool*

Thanks!  I basically took clumps of Gilles' makegrass grass and used "trace"
to place them on an isosurface.  Then added some random rotation, etc.
Before the bonsai idea struck me, I was actually planning on making some
sort of scene with grassy rolling hills.

> Not having examined a bonsai tree really close ever before, I do question
> the texture. it looks a little too grey and shiney. I'd expect them to be
> more brown and without highlights. I could be so wrong though.

Well, any type of tree can be a bonsai.  I have no idea what type of tree
this would be, but I was thinking of something resembling a fig (ficus).
http://www.ncarboretum.org/Horticulture/Bonsai/October_2004_pics/lores_4684.jpg