POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : A helix on a sinusoid : Re: A helix on a sinusoid Server Time
1 Sep 2024 10:13:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A helix on a sinusoid
From: Alain
Date: 3 Apr 2007 11:37:42
Message: <461274c6$1@news.povray.org>
sahraoui nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 02-04-2007 14:44:
> With this algorithm you cannot fix the origin
> of the helix.
> You cannot put them on a lattice for example.

You can rotate and translate any parametric. But stay warned that parametric is
about the slowest primitive available. Using the precompute keyworld can
significatively accelerate the rendering.
The maximum value you can use is: precompute 20 x,y,z
It does use a good amount of memory, but that memory is shared by all instances
of that particular parametric object.

--
Alain
Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure