POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Jaggies problem : Re: Jaggies problem Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jaggies problem
From: Alain
Date: 31 Mar 2007 16:30:27
Message: <460ed2f3$1@news.povray.org>
George J. Wallace nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 31-03-2007 16:09:
>   This is a section of my latest image and the jaggies are driving me nuts.
> They are
> clearly visible in the 12,3,6,& 9 o'clock positions of the 2 largest
> spheres.  I rendered at 1280x1024, AA=0.9.  Any advice on how to get rid of
> them would be greatly appreciated.
>   Thanks...gjw

Large aa = low quality aa.
Preset's default to 0.3. Try a lower value like 0.1 to 0.03.
Try +am2, it usualy smoother but can be slower.
Recursion default to 3 or +r3. Try +r4 or +r5 but this will also increase
rendering time. You can go deeper, but it's a case of diminishing return: the
increase in rendering time get larger than the improvement you get.
Jitter is ON by default, so, you don't need to activate it.
Once the render is finished, resample the image down. I use IrfanView (FREE) for
that and use the best interpolation available.

--
Alain
Idolism: Let's bronze this shit.