POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : A helix on a sinusoid : Re: A helix on a sinusoid Server Time
1 Sep 2024 10:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A helix on a sinusoid
From: Alain
Date: 29 Mar 2007 19:13:07
Message: <460c5613$1@news.povray.org>
sahraoui nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 29-03-2007 08:25:
> Hi

> I was wondering if there is a simple way
> to draw a helix on a sinus. Instead of having a straigh helix
> we should have a helix that would follow a sine function. It seems
> hard but may be I am not optimising the code. so far it is not working

> regards

Using an iso_surface with the helix function, you just need to add the sin wave
with the correct amplitude and wave length. Using a sin and a cosin, you can

--
Alain
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like a retard.