POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ivy Generator updated : Re: Ivy Generator updated Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ivy Generator updated
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Mar 2007 07:02:36
Message: <460907dc$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:46090469@news.povray.org...

>     Ah! I was getting this Thomas! I thought it was because I was using
> media in the scene as when I turned media off, it worked fine. Hmm,
> strange.

The problem appears because the material is not a texture_map anymore. So
the transparent part normally invisble by the alpha channel of the image,
becomes visible because of the finish{} specular or phong. So the best thing
to do is comment out the finish{}.
However, I had the problem also with the texture_map in place....

Thomas