POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Bridge (WIP) : Re: A Bridge (WIP) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Bridge (WIP)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Mar 2007 02:21:35
Message: <4607747f$1@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht

> I used an area light but I'm left with grainy shadows.  Could someone tell
> me how to avoid that?

Maybe the area_light should be smaller? From Cousin Ricky, I learned the
following trick for sun light:

#declare SunPosition = <vector>;
#declare SunDis = vlength(SunPosition)*2/215;

light_source{
    SunPosition
    color rgb 1.0    //or whatever color you want to use
    area_light
    SunDis*x, SunDis*z, // lights spread out across this distance (x * z)
    3, 3                // total number of lights in grid (4x*4z = 16
lights)
    adaptive 1          // 0,1,2,3...
    jitter              // adds random softening of light
    circular            // make the shape of the light circular
    orient              // orient light
}

Maybe that helps....

Thomas