POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ivy Generator updated : Re: Ivy Generator updated Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ivy Generator updated
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Mar 2007 03:18:22
Message: <4606304e$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> schreef in bericht
> Seems to run a bit smoother, the planting point
> shows up right...

Yes, at least the normals orientation seems to have been corrected. Now they
point outwards standard.

There are still a number of issues in my experience:
- the erroneous inversion of the probability sliders will be corrected in
the next version, Thomas Luft told me.
- the leaf image_maps should be mirrored in order to show up right (also in
this version)
- there is an issue about the orientation. The imported support is mirrored
along the x-axis (try with an asymmetric object), and the exported ivy is
mirrored too along the x-axis. This is no problem with a symmetrical
support, but not otherwise.

I have contacted Thomas Luft about this.

Also, watch out for I-stack overflow and max_trace_level in your render!!!

Thomas