POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP CGSphere entry: seed : Re: WIP CGSphere entry: seed Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP CGSphere entry: seed
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Mar 2007 07:04:21
Message: <4603c245$1@news.povray.org>
"Txemi Jendrix" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.4603bf5bc8e7b5c853ce36810@news.povray.org...
> Hi all.
> It's been a very long time since I don't post anything here, but the
> CGSphere comp caught my attention.
> So here is a wip for an entry called SEED.
> Everything was done with hamapatch except for the paving stones and the
> hurdles (?) that are CSG.
> I used Moray to make the CSG objects and to import the hamapatch objects
> and
> converting them to mesh2 objects and create UV maps.
> It's the first time I use focal blur in an image and I like the results.
> I still have to work more on textures (the germ, a bump mapping for the
> seed) and adjust the final lightning, but it's close to be finished.
> Just wanted to share it.

Welcome back, Txemi! Good to have you around again.
I like this image and its subtle humour. Also the beautiful background
transformation and paving stones. I think the focal blur is very effective
here: subtle and not exagerated. The way I personally prefer it used. And I
almost forgot what a great program Hamapatch was/is. Nice to see it still
used so effectively.
Indeed the textures need some more work. Awaiting the final result!

Thomas