POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CGSphere - FRAG : Re: CGSphere - FRAG Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CGSphere - FRAG
From: Rick Measham
Date: 21 Mar 2007 01:12:23
Message: <4600ccc7$1@news.povray.org>
Kyle wrote:
> Oops, wrong image.  Here's the right one...

Not sure of the CGSphere rules, but I'd like to see the grid be
transparent and not have shadows cast on it .. it makes the grid become
so much more part of the image rather than just there as a reference.

I don't mind the 'gooey' sand .. though to me the ripples make the
grenade look enourmous.

The textures are great, though I'd prefer if the shadow didn't interfere
with that lovely rust on the spring and the texture on the trigger part
isn't quite right.

The other thing with the sharp shadow is that it loses the impression of
texture on the green parts of the grenade. I'd prefer a slightly
softened shadow.

It only just occurred to me that the pin had been pulled. Maybe
emphasize that by showing the pin on the ground?

Thanks for posting!
Rick Measham