POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : In search of a good editor : Re: In search of a good editor Server Time
26 Jun 2024 01:46:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In search of a good editor
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 20 Mar 2007 19:17:54
Message: <460079b2$1@news.povray.org>
Philippe Debar wrote:
> What is your favorite editor for povray in Linux?

As others have already pointed out it's usually the other way round with
Linux: You pick your editor first, then you make it work with whatever
you want to do with it. Aside from the editor choices that have been
pointed out in the other responses, just a personal tip from me: Find an
editor that suits you, no matter what you're doing with it. As most
Linux/Unix programs, editors come with a certain philosophy that kind of
defines the way you work with them. Once you found an editor that suits
your way of writing in general, it's probably possible to teach it some
POV :) And just for the record: My combination is vim/xterm...

Regards,
Florian