POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC Status : Re: IRTC Status Server Time
26 Apr 2024 21:53:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Status
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 14 Mar 2007 16:50:37
Message: <45f86e2d@news.povray.org>
Hildur K. wrote:
> The question remains, WHAT can be done and by WHOM? Who is willing to cut
> the crap and give the green light so we can all go on nurturing out
> precious little baby, the IRTC?
>
> Who started this competition originally? Who "owns" it?
>
> If nothing is done, we are just going be kept in uncertainty forever.....
>
> Hildur Kolbrun

I was trying to avoid that whole train of thought, because it can't be
clear. Otherwise the POV-Ray team would have fixed things already. If
the competition is 'owned' by the POV-Ray team, then it would be an easy
fix to appoint a temporary admin and keep the web page as is. Since that
hasn't been done, and I'm not going to assume they just didn't think of
something that simple, the real situation must be more complicated.

It is my understanding that the POV-Ray team provides the webspace.
That's it. They don't 'own' the competition, so they can not transfer
the admin role to someone else. If they can not contact any of the
previous 'owners' then there isn't really anything they can do about it.
Even if they could contact someone who has since given up the project to
someone else, what right or capability do they have to give 'ownership'
to a new person?