POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CGSphere entry: Iosphere : Re: CGSphere entry: Iosphere Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CGSphere entry: Iosphere
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 12 Mar 2007 12:02:40
Message: <45f587b0$1@news.povray.org>
High!

Bill Pragnell wrote:
> Here's a cgsphere entry I'm finally happy with. Before submitting it I
> thought I'd post it here to see what people thought of it... In the end I
> left the monolith out, a) because it was really difficult getting it to
> look good, and b) because it didn't really fit with the conjunction of
> spheres that this image produces.
>
> Anyway, comments welcome, indeed positively invited.

I don't think that Io has any atmosphere dense enough to be visible from
outer space! On http://www.solarviews.org/eng/iomountain.htm I found this:

"In spite of the large volume of gas released through volcanic activity,
Io's atmosphere is extremely thin, less than one millionth as dense as
Earth's atmosphere. Most of the volcanic gas condenses back to the
surface in the form of frost."

See you on www.khyberspace.de !

Yadgar