POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cubic interpolation for image_maps (2 jpegs - 63kb) : Re: cubic interpolation for image_maps (2 jpegs - 63kb) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cubic interpolation for image_maps (2 jpegs - 63kb)
From: Tek
Date: 8 Mar 2007 16:32:33
Message: <45f080f1$1@news.povray.org>
If you really wanted to do it with my system, which would not be a good
idea, you'd need to overlap 4 copies of the pattern on every axis, so 16 for
an image, with each component being adjusted to behave like a part in a
cubic formula to create a nice curve through the surfaces.

My system just blends between 2 values, but to get a nice smooth slope you
need to blend 4 using a much more complex formula.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com