POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cubic interpolation for image_maps (2 jpegs - 63kb) : Re: cubic interpolation for image_maps (2 jpegs - 63kb) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cubic interpolation for image_maps (2 jpegs - 63kb)
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 7 Mar 2007 05:05:28
Message: <45ee8e68@news.povray.org>
Funny, I did something similar a while ago, when I was trying to mimic
Terragen's rendering of height fields. Although obviously, our methods
differ. I was calling mine cubic interpolation back then but I'm not so
sure now... I'll have to re-check the source file to find out exactly
what it is doing ;-)

Anyway, here are the results I got. I'm not uploading the source because
it is not really readable as is, but if someone is interested I can
clean it up...

Regards

--
Vincent