POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Image for protest poster (73kb jpeg) : Re: Image for protest poster (73kb jpeg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image for protest poster (73kb jpeg)
From: Ross
Date: 27 Feb 2007 11:13:15
Message: <45e4589b$1@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've posted.... I blame it on
> video game programming :)
>
> Anyhow.... This image was made to protest oil drilling in the Nigeria
> Delta region. There are some troubling things happening there at this
> time. Take a look at February's National Geographic or just search
> Google to find out more.
>
> The barrels are subpatch meshes and the rest are comprised or derived
> from image_maps. I know there are problems with this image, but it is
> going to be scaled down and included with other images for a small
> poster I will be distributing all over my area.
>
> Any comments and/or criticisms are appreciated!
>
> ~Sam

Excellent statement. I'd like to see some higher image quality settings
though. The blobs of oil look like they have jagged edges, and the shadows
are grainy.

I agree with Thomas that a colored map might look nice. Although if you are
only printing in black and white then it might be pointless. It could also
have artistic implications, a vibrant growing Africa covered up in old
fashion oil corruption.

I really like the image