POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Image for protest poster (73kb jpeg) : Re: Image for protest poster (73kb jpeg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image for protest poster (73kb jpeg)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Feb 2007 04:06:10
Message: <45e3f482$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht

> As for the message your protest poster conveys I see that you are
> following
> conventional wisdom. I have worked in the River States of Nigeria for
> Total
> (The French oil company) and have first hand experience of what it is like
> there. The problem is not with what the oil companies do but the flagrant
> corruption of the government and officials. But I don't want to go OT as I
> have limited access to that news group. Here is a link to an Ex Pat site
> in
> Nigeria if you are interested http://www.oyibosonline.com/

Interesting to note how we write comments practicaly at the same time!  :-)
I think you are perfectly correct in stressing the role of corruption.
Companies are in a pretty difficult position in view of the competition.
However, there is the conduct codes of international companies, if they have
one, that can be studied.
OK. this is OT. I'll stop here.

Samuel's image, in itself is good. I would suggest something a bit more
colourful to enhance the contrast od the oil spill. For instance, colour the
map of Africa.

Thomas