POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cliffs + water : Re: cliffs + water Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cliffs + water
From: Jim Charter
Date: 21 Feb 2007 14:24:02
Message: <45dc9c52@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:

> The grass is a granite pattern stretched towards the camera to give the
> illusion of vertical blades, then a bit of turbulence matching the normal to
> make it look like some of the blades are leaning over a little.

Clever.

Sometimes large areas of grass take on a variagated, patchy look.  I had
some success a while back getting that look (at leasee I thought so)
using the Cells pattern with lots of turbulence.  Of course you could
just put sharp stepping right into a pigment_map too I guess.  Anyway,
just throwin' it out there.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'img.1118.jpg' (136 KB)