POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cliffs + water : Re: cliffs + water Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cliffs + water
From: Tek
Date: 21 Feb 2007 12:55:58
Message: <45dc87ae@news.povray.org>
The grass texture went a bit wrong in that last one, so I turned off the
cliffs & water to work on my fake grass effect.

The grass is a granite pattern stretched towards the camera to give the
illusion of vertical blades, then a bit of turbulence matching the normal to
make it look like some of the blades are leaning over a little.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> Revisiting the cliffs from my previous landscape post, this time with
> better
> lighting, atmosphere, textures and some water.
>
> Looks much more like I wanted it to now, though the grass texture's a bit
> too smooth and makes the whole thing look even more surreal than it
> already
> is.
>
> BTW, somewhat inspired by the beautiful PS2 game: shadow of the colossus.
>
> --
> Tek
> http://evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'landscape5.2grass.jpg' (278 KB)

Preview of image 'landscape5.2grass.jpg'
landscape5.2grass.jpg