POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Random points on surface of an object (in advanced-users) : Re: Random points on surface of an object (in advanced-users) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random points on surface of an object (in advanced-users)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Feb 2007 07:36:41
Message: <45dc3cd9$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht

> Or made of bees or point glows as a hive intelligence (?).
Yes, indeed, that would also be an interesting idea to work out.

> I looked at your image again at home on a decent screen and I see what you
> mean about the top being messy.
Yes, it mainly comes from the leaf image that contains a long stem. So,
first thing to do is get rid of that. Secondly, this is where the supporting
object bends away. It may then be viewpoint-related. I shall have to
investigate.

Fwiw, there are some 6000 leaves here and it took v.3.7 about 5 minutes to
parse and render on a Pentium D machine. About 30 minutes with v.3.6.

Thomas