POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : reading table (WIP) : Re: reading table (WIP) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reading table (WIP)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Feb 2007 03:19:41
Message: <45d95d9d$1@news.povray.org>
Nice work, Rob!

What mainly attracts my attention are the books. They are all so well-packed
on their shelves. I would like to see them leaning against each other, and
some shelves with empty spaces. That would make the scene less static, in a
sense.

What disturbs me also is that the books seem all collections, or
encyclopedies. Nothing wrong with that, but again, it makes the scene less
lively. I would prefer to see a variety of sizes and colors, randomly mixed,
alternating with stacks of books or papers. Paper is also what I would like
to see more, elsewhere in the room, lying about, stacked roughly on the
table and desk, filling the waste basket. Now, I know there are two kind of
people: those who like to work in a clean, well-ordered environment, and
those (like me!) who are unable to work there and, instead, work in a
chaotic world of books and papers. So... maybe you are of the first kind,
and then just forget about my comments.

One last comment though :-)
Studying on a wooden chair can become painful after a while. Some nice
cushion would be nice for the buttocks!

Still, a very nice work!

Thomas