POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : reading table (WIP) : Re: reading table (WIP) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reading table (WIP)
From: scott
Date: 19 Feb 2007 02:53:37
Message: <45d95781$1@news.povray.org>
> Overall, I'm pleased with the results, but I'm still having a few
> radiosity
> issues on which I could use some advice.
>
> 1) The computer box seems too bright (there's no direct lighting on it,
> but
> it appears to glow) - setting to ambient 0 helped a bit.

Shouldn't ambient be 0 for everything when using radiosity?

> 2) Some splotchy shadows at the top of the bookshelves

Yeh, and I also noticed a bright strip down the left of the bookshelf that
probably shouldn't be there.

> Any and all constructive criticisms are welcome.

Try reducing brightness to 1 and increasing the brightness of your sun.

Also, couldn't you do render without the glass in the window, save the
radiosity data, then render again with the glass loading the radiosity data?
Might be quicker and allow you to use higher settings for the same overall
render time.