POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Read-only CVS/SVN : Re: Read-only CVS/SVN Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Read-only CVS/SVN
From: Chris Cason
Date: 14 Feb 2007 20:37:05
Message: <45d3b941$1@news.povray.org>
Calvin wrote:
> I know there's a long standing policy against it, but is it possible to
> create read-only repositories for POVRAY and MORAY?
>
> There might be some truly great contributions that could have been made in
> the last 2 years while 3.7 has been in beta.

Hi Calvin,

As mentioned in http://www.povray.org/news/moray-announcement.php, we will
be making the beta codebase available in due course. We haven't decided
exactly how we will do this, but it is possible we could create a branch in
our revision control system (perforce) and provide access to that via HTTP
and/or perforce itself. If we go this route we will also consider providing
write access to some individuals.

regards,

-- Chris