POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sparkling water : Re: Sparkling water Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sparkling water
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 14 Feb 2007 18:37:33
Message: <45d39d3d$1@news.povray.org>
Ben Chambers wrote:

> Don't forget, you are now obligated to post another render featuring
> this trick so we can see how it really affects things :)
>
> Or else we'll send the RSCops to hunt you down and force you to do all
> of your future renders on a TI calculator!

That's blackmail!

But seriously, I tried it and posting that render is unnecessary.
As was to be expected from the documentation of conserve_energy,
the render result of

"pigment {color rgbt 1} finish {reflection 0.1 conserve_energy}"

turned out absolutely identical to my previous manual fix of

"pigment {color rgbt 0.9} finish {reflection 0.1}",

excepting, of course, the random jitter.