POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grass macro : Re: Grass macro Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:13:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass macro
From: Simon
Date: 14 Feb 2007 16:48:13
Message: <45d3839d$1@news.povray.org>
> I also remember, several years ago, a macro of function or something had
> been made to render the most realistic grass I had ever seen on povray,
> and it was very much optimised as it was (i think) one of the fastest
> methods...  lemme search...

Here, check this out:
http://runevision.com/show.asp?id=100

Personally, I don't quite like the shape of the grass (looks too
cartoonish), so it might an interesting challenge to make a more
realistic 3D grass and use that for the texture.  Again, both the 3D
version and texture version could be combined for additional realism.

HTH,
   Simon