POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Indoor lighting - radiosity : Re: Indoor lighting - radiosity Server Time
8 Sep 2024 23:48:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Indoor lighting - radiosity
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 14 Feb 2007 16:06:10
Message: <45d379c2@news.povray.org>
JSR wrote:

> I wish to put some imperfections in my renders, because it's known that
> nothing it's perfect, but most clients don't like to see stains nor wear in
> renders. That's the real reality.

My feeling is that if an effect is noticeable, it's probably overdone.
In that vein, add some color / normal / finish variations that are
hardly perceptible would go a long way.  You can do all kinds of things
by making textures that are slightly different, and then layering them
in a texture map via the bozo pattern.

...Chambers