POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problem with +UA option (Alpha rendering) : Re: Problem with +UA option (Alpha rendering) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with +UA option (Alpha rendering)
From: Slime
Date: 14 Feb 2007 00:35:47
Message: <45d29fb3$1@news.povray.org>
> Very strange you don't see a problem.... I see a THICK BLUE circle around
> the earth on the version I created with the "+UA" option.  When I tried
> converting it to PPM format, the THICK BLUE circle was included.

If you take the +UA version and put it on a black background in Photoshop,
it's nearly identical to the original (some pixels around the edge are off
by a very slight amount (7 or 8 out of 255), which might be caused by how
POV-Ray handles transparency on emissive media). The majority of the visible
difference is caused by the fact that you've displayed the second version on
a grey background, which makes the blue ring around the earth more visible
(probably mostly because of your monitor's gamma.)

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]