POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sparkling water : Re: Sparkling water Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sparkling water
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 12 Feb 2007 15:56:38
Message: <45d0d486@news.povray.org>
RusHHouR wrote:

> Oh, nice! Reminds me of my quite recent Gin and Tonic picture:
> http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/4818/gatxj8.jpg

Nice one. Seems to have a more realistic level of light.

Hmm ... I just realized that my transmit and reflection added up to
slightly more than 1, so that's the extra brightness taken care of.
Although this doesn't change that there was a lot of difference
between the embedded and the classic version (and I still don't
quite trust the latter). One might see a more significant effect
of total internal reflection with the camera inside the glass ;)

> Dont forget to adjust the max trace level though.

I had to crank it up to 50 before the last spots went away ....

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bubbles-800-fixed-transmit.jpg' (19 KB)

Preview of image 'bubbles-800-fixed-transmit.jpg'
bubbles-800-fixed-transmit.jpg