POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Viking Ship (WIP) : Re: Viking Ship (WIP) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Viking Ship (WIP)
From: Werner Vesterås
Date: 12 Feb 2007 15:30:59
Message: <45d0ce83$1@news.povray.org>
Dave Blandston wrote:
> Here are some views of a Viking longship I'm working on. Hopefully, the hull
> will be the only really difficult part and the rest will be easier. There's
> still one small problem with the hull (the little bump the arrows are
> pointing at). Next I'll add the deck, rudder, mast, sail, rigging, shields,
> and maybe oars.
>
> Feel free to make criticisms...
>
> Regards,
> Dave Blandston

Hi!

Great ship!  I live in Oslo, Norway, where this ship is on display.  It
is called the Oseberg ship, after the place where it was excavated in
1904-05.  But I guess you already know this.

It is a shame that I haven't visited the museum yet, after living in
Oslo for 6 years now.  Maybe I will visit the museum one day, bringing
my digital camera.  Please let me know if you would like me to provide
you with some close up photos.

Regards,

Oslo, Norway (The home of the vikings ;-)