POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sparkling water : Re: Sparkling water Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:12:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sparkling water
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 12 Feb 2007 15:28:12
Message: <45d0cddc$1@news.povray.org>
Cousin Ricky wrote:

>>2. Embeds the liquid in a solid glass block (in the hope that
>>    the IOR specified in the second object takes precedence)
>
> I don't see why not. Unlike in image #3, the 2nd object has a defined
> surface where an ior switch can be made.

Yes, just that there doesn't seem to be a well-defined way of specifying
the intended result. It would be as consistent for POV-Ray to assume
that the ior is that of glass everywhere. And the disappearing bit
of lemon does seem to hint that something is not 100% ok.

Also, since I want an open glass instead of enclosed water in a glass
block, I need to remove some glass from the top of the block, which
means there is probably some sort of bogus glass surface right below
the water level (although it might not cause refraction if the ior
is considered to be that of water on both sides).