POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CSG eye/mouth experiment (update) : Re: CSG eye/mouth experiment (update) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG eye/mouth experiment (update)
From: Rune
Date: 3 Feb 2007 15:04:10
Message: <45c4eaba@news.povray.org>
quickfur wrote:
> Here's an updated model of my alien creature. The only new
> addition is the mouth, which is rather hard to model. Well,
> it's easy to just hand-code one up for this image, but I'm
> working on a set of macros that eventually need to fully
> parametrize all possible mouth shapes that I might want,
> and that is rather difficult. Nevertheless, I think the
> creature is a tad more expressive than just having an eye,
> don't you think? :-)

Definitely.

Just a shameless plug here - I once made some macros for creating a
parameterized mouth shape, and I even created support for relatively easy
and powerful lip synch capabilities as well as combining lip synch with
emotions by adding, blending and interpolating mouth poses. The system can
be downloaded from here, and there's also a demo-animation:
http://runevision.com/3d/include/#99

Rune
--
http://runevision.com