POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snakes WIP : Re: Small Update Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:02:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small Update
From: pan
Date: 2 Feb 2007 21:46:03
Message: <45c3f76b@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUS### [at] gmxnetWARE> wrote in
message news:45c3b5ca@news.povray.org...
> Just a quick update before I switch the computer off. Added a
> tongue and
> refined the pose to something much better IMHO. Also tweaked the
> spine a
> little. I'm thinking about letting the slightly darker snake also
> have
> it's tail move from right to left as another layer behind their
> current
> positions, but I've got to test that. To me, it feels like
> there's too
> little of the snake on top, but just about the right amount for
> the one
> underneath.

The bottom snake is very linear. I would think it would react to
the
top snake by arcing its neck back and up a little.

Snakes should be sinuous and hissssssy.

(The bottom snake straight stiffness makes me think
of Thulsa Doom's arrow)

pan