POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snakes WIP : Re: Snakes WIP Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:01:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snakes WIP
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 2 Feb 2007 20:27:25
Message: <45c3e4fd$1@news.povray.org>
Simon wrote:
>> I looked at the image first and said, hmmm, looks like a python and
>> then read your post! =D

Woot, I nailed the python part! :-D

> Oh, forgot to ask, for your final image, do you expect to give POV-rats
> to it too?  hehe

Not really, this is more a cozy-feel-weel image, not a "dangerous threat
looming to some poor little critter" type of image. ;-)

> But I'm just wondering can it be animated (ie articulated)?  I've been
> thinking on doing a snake movement algo in C/C++ and OpenGL (to just
> quickly see the movement) the result could then be exported to a povray
> anim...  unfortunately, I don't have time for any of these things
> anymore...

So far, it's just a basic subdivision-mesh, modelled to look good when
subdivided. I'm sure it can be articulated somehow, but not with the
tools I have at hand.

> Keep up the good work!

Thanks, I'm trying to. :-)

--