POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snakes WIP : Re: Small Update Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:57:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small Update
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 2 Feb 2007 20:25:06
Message: <45c3e472$1@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:
> Tim Nikias wrote:
>> Just a quick update before I switch the computer off. Added a tongue
>> and refined the pose to something much better IMHO.
>
> It's just my opinion of course, but I have to say that I liked the previous
> pose much better. The snakes followed each other more closely, making it
> look like they belong together and moved in unison, though still
> independently. I also don't think there were too much focus to the right -
> the image was well balanced in its asymmetrical way.

I've got the older version saved as well, of course, so I'll look where
I end up.

> In the new pose, the snakes look much more separated, like they casually
> happened to move over each other by chance, but without there being any
> meaning or purpose behind. While the old pose looks like the result of the
> two snakes moving forward together while twisting around each other, the new
> one looks more like they moved randomly around completely independent of
> each other and happened to end up that way. That may be what you're aiming
> at, but knowing your previous images, I would guess not. Take my words with
> a grain of salt though - it's just the way I perceive the images right now.

Sure, a grain of salt is the way I take just about all comments and
suggestions, no worries. :-) But you're right, that's why I was thinking
about adding another part of the on-top snake to follow the front part
of the below-snake. I'm also thinking about an attempt to just keep the
heads, but have the on-top snake curve along the current below-snake
pose... I wasn't too satisfied with the first pose, like I said, I felt
it too much of an asymmetry, the new one lacks a little of the closeness
you mention. But it's a WIP, so things will/may/should still change. :-D

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias"