POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snakes WIP : Re: Small Update Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:01:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small Update
From: Rune
Date: 2 Feb 2007 17:41:59
Message: <45c3be37@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias wrote:
> Just a quick update before I switch the computer off. Added a tongue
> and refined the pose to something much better IMHO.

It's just my opinion of course, but I have to say that I liked the previous
pose much better. The snakes followed each other more closely, making it
look like they belong together and moved in unison, though still
independently. I also don't think there were too much focus to the right -
the image was well balanced in its asymmetrical way.

In the new pose, the snakes look much more separated, like they casually
happened to move over each other by chance, but without there being any
meaning or purpose behind. While the old pose looks like the result of the
two snakes moving forward together while twisting around each other, the new
one looks more like they moved randomly around completely independent of
each other and happened to end up that way. That may be what you're aiming
at, but knowing your previous images, I would guess not. Take my words with
a grain of salt though - it's just the way I perceive the images right now.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com