POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snakes WIP : Re: Snakes WIP Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snakes WIP
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 2 Feb 2007 11:05:18
Message: <45c3613e@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>      Looking good Tim! You could try the attached image as a bump_map. This
> is what I used on my Orobous snake.

Thanks for the bump-map, I might even use it directly for displacement,
as Silo supports brushes.

>        You may want to UV map the head or the body so as to be able to
> distinguish between them in your final image - the heads of snakes tend to
> have larger scaly patterns above the eyes and down to the nostrils.

Yeah, the reference images I had showed that. I was thinking about
manual displacement painting of the scales near the mouth, nostrils and
eyes, and then use some cleverly faded pigment_map for some bump-mapping
on the remaining parts of the snake.

As for distinguishing between the two, I'll have to see how much work it
is for one snake, otherwise, color differences have to suffice.

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias"