POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A courtyard scene (FINAL) : Re: A courtyard scene (FINAL) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A courtyard scene (FINAL)
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 2 Feb 2007 06:50:02
Message: <45c3256a@news.povray.org>
"quickfur" <qui### [at] quickfurathcx> wrote in message
> Very nice! The sky and background behind the main tower is very well done.
> The foreground seems a bit too plain, though. I know this is your final
> version, but if you decide to re-render it, you might want to consider
> adding a little more interest to the walls (perhaps cracks/scratches? or
> the top of a base board? or some other deco) and maybe magnify the
> textures on the inside walls.

this is one of my more complete scenes, however it seems like there's always
room for improvements/additions. I've started working on brick lined
archways rather than just csg'ing out a hole, with minimum decoration. I
really love this stuff (POV) I could and DO spend hours trying out new
ideas. Some of you folks have set the bar pretty high, so I feel like I'm
always catching up. When the snow flies and it's too darn cold outside, it's
a great way to spend an afternoon.

> Nevertheless, very nicely done.

thank you .... thank you very much (elvis has left the building) .... ;-)