POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Io : Re: Io Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:12:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Io
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Feb 2007 08:46:17
Message: <45c1ef29$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht

>> Ah yes! "The sentinel"! In a way, I prefer that story to 2001 itself.
>>

> As do I. This was one of the first stories that got me thinking, that and
> The Star. Although I have a soft spot for Robin Hood FRS which I read
> about
> the same time.

Aah, memory!!
I think that The Star has been one of the first *true* SF stories I have
read in my youth (apart from Jules Verne of course!). I remember that it was

found the theme profoundly moving and - yes - that got me thinking too,
about religion, fate, and the indifference of the Universe (or Life for that
matter). It confirmed a few questions I already had  :-)

Thomas