POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fractal Structure And Some Red : Re: Fractal Structure And Some Red Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:11:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fractal Structure And Some Red
From: Rune
Date: 1 Feb 2007 05:25:20
Message: <45c1c010$1@news.povray.org>
Paul Fuller wrote:
> Very nice.

Thanks!

> Is there something misaligned though?  The main 'object' that the
> sphere sits on has what appears to be a small step on the top surface
> (just left and in front of the right middle protrusion).  Same on the left
> face.
> I don't see it repeated in the smaller versions
>
> Perhaps it is deliberate but I think it might look better without
> this.

As Alain said, they are actual steps, just like all the other ones in the
geometry. Since it's all random, I can't directly control it, other than
trying to use a different random seed, which will completely change the
image.

> And yes - the focal blur looks a bit strange.  How about moving the
> focal point and aperture to sharpen up that foreground peak and blur
> the background ever so slightly.

That's a possibility. I think I'll try it out and see how it looks.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com