POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Random Google Challenge : Re: Random Google Challenge Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random Google Challenge
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 31 Jan 2007 20:55:12
Message: <45c14880$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
>
>>"Charles C" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
>>
>>>I do like this version a 'bit' better. :) It's interesting to wonder how
>>>many random arrangements it'd take before you'd spell something out.  Or,
>>>hmm, could there be a hidden message already?  Anybody fluent in reading
>>>this stuff?
>>
>>...that reminds me of the chimp hitting randomly at a typewriter and coming
>>up with the works of Shakespeare.... :-)
>>
>>Thomas
>

> Not likely, it is an infinite number of chimps on an infinite number of
> typewriters for an infinite time. If my finite memory serves me well :-)
>
> Stephen

This reminds me of the early Bob Newhart routine where he proposes that
if this was ever actually implemented, there would have to be people
monitoring the results.  In this routine, he was one of these monitors.
  And after seeing nothing but giberish he finally runs across one
that's more promising:  "To be or not to be, that is the gogorgenplatz..."
(or something to that effect...)     :-)

      -=- Larry -=-