POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fractal Structure And Some Red : Re: Fractal Structure And Some Red Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fractal Structure And Some Red
From: Paul Fuller
Date: 31 Jan 2007 17:33:09
Message: <45c11925@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:
> Challanged by James S., here is a quick image I threw together with many
> objects generated by not so many lines of code. It took 13 minutes to render
> with area_lights and focal blur.
>
> Rune

Very nice.

Is there something misaligned though?  The main 'object' that the sphere
sits on has what appears to be a small step on the top surface (just
left and in front of the right middle protrusion).  Same on the left face.

I don't see it repeated in the smaller versions

Perhaps it is deliberate but I think it might look better without this.

And yes - the focal blur looks a bit strange.  How about moving the
focal point and aperture to sharpen up that foreground peak and blur the
background ever so slightly.